Thursday 15 September 2016

Cover Love #15

And it's time for another Cover Love. Time certainly flies doesn't it? The girls and I  had a very very unproductive week (It's raining buckets here and all us went into hibernation...waking only to eat and read.) And even now I am huddled inside my comforter with a  cup of coffee...this is bliss.

Anyway, to the topic at hand Cover Love #15. This week's covers are brought to you by photo-shop extraordinaire Zoella Rose, the Queen of grammar rules Jordan Carat, and of course the very enchanting, future New York Times Best Selling Author (wait for it) Hira Summers!




Cover Love by pentatwine | Week 15

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole | Cover Love
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
Jordan: The fonts are amazing. I like the colour palette here. I even like the random fire at the back. However, the elements on the cover don't seem to tie up together. It's a disappointment.

Hira: I like the colour palette and the font. But something seems off. It feels like a poor attempt at photo shop. Especially the man's position and all,

From the Ashes by C.J Archer | cover love
From the Ashes by C.J Archer
Jordan: I've got one word for this - no. Random girl with her boobs pushed up till her chin is sure to grab some attention. As sinister looking this cover wants to be, it falls short while presenting an overall image that just seems off. Kudos for the title font, though.

Hira: Usually I am all for the slytherin green but here it just doesn't look good. I liked the details of the cemetery behind the girl. Seems like this is a book with some supernatural ghost stuff in it. Not my type.

Love in the time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block | cover love
Love in the time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
Jordan: While I feels I should like this cover, I don't. Maybe it's the colour theme used here, or it's that generic butterfly. I can't even appreciate the tiny details, either.

Hira: I love this one. The name is damn catchy, (Book lovers would catch the reference *Gabriel Garza Marquez- Love in the time of Cholera) but what attracted me to this cover was the butterflies and the small details at the bottom (*gives Jordan the evil eye.) This is a book that I might actually buy to pass time while on a flight or train.

All our pretty songs by Sarah McCarry | cover love
All our pretty songs by Sarah McCarry
Jordan:  I like the way the pretty vines coil around the title. What I don't like is the colour of it, and of the author's name. This could have been one of those timeless, elegant covers for me, but it's a miss.

Hira: Isn't it pretty? I agree with Jo about the color of the Author's name font. Why use purple when you could have used green itself? By the way I felt the name was quite intriguing. I don't know...I am on a music high these days (I pretty much watch and read anything with musicians, bands or music inndustry)
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor | cover love
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Jordan: Will I ever say yes? Not this time though, for I don't like this cover. And trust me, ti's not because I'm grumpy. I'm sitting here wrapped up in an orange blanket all warm and cozy. I've got food and I've got tea. I'm in my happy space. But these covers are not  conducive to my remaining in my happy space.
I'll admit that I like the blue, feather-y mask. I like the intricate detailing on it.
If I do pick this up, it'll be for the intriguing title and definitely not for the cover.

Hira: Why Jordy why? Why don't you like any of my cover choices? (*me and Zoe squeals simultaneously) I love the blue mask. And the name. And the font. And the green eyes beneath the mask. Apparently this book has multiple covers depending on the country it's released in (*the all-knowing Zoe supplies while fawning over the blue mask.) Go check out the other covers guys, they are pretty!
Drought by Pam Bachorz | cover love
Drought by Pam Bachorz
Jordan: No. An emphatic, absolute no. The colour of the font makes me want to un-see this cover. This is one of those 'almost there but not there because of a dumb element' cover.

Hira: I can literally feel the angst. This is definitely a tear jerker, and therefore my type. I already want to read this and sob desperately into the pillow (we established that I am weird, remember?)  The eye is so pretty...it kinda reminds me of The Host by Stephanie Mayor, remember those (old days of Twilight Obsession?)
I am not a huge fan of the title font, though I don' hate it to that level of Jordan. It feels like the title font ruined the overall aura of the otherwise mysterious cover.


The Shadow Queen by C.J Redwine | cover love
The Shadow Queen by C.J Redwine
Jordan: Finally, something to write home about. I adore the attention to detail here. The grooves on the lone leaf, the glistening black apple, the dripping black liquid (black blood, perhaps?) and the title carved onto the said apple. And I like the textured effect on the corners of the book. I would definitely pick this up if I see it (and if my pocket has more than a few coins in it).

Hira: This is pretty cool. The 3D effect is awesome. It's a perfect cover in my eyes. And it;s a black apple...(*dark symbolism-my favorite) You have a good eye Jords...no wonder you are so picky about covers.

And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich | cover love
And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
Jordan: This is creepy and I like it! I love the iridescent quality to the title font, and how it spans out to cover most of the book. The branches seemingly reaching out for her make it even more eerie looking. This covers renders me speechless in a really good way.

Hira: Usually this the kind of cover I would jump to latch onto, but for some reason I hate it. The font is awesome but I hate how cluttered it all seems-the trees, the girl and everything...its not clean.I would have loved it, if it was just the tress and the title.

Jordan: Most of the covers this time were misses for me. But I really like the two that I raved about, And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich and The Shadow Queen by C.J Redwine.

Hira: The Shadow Princess was really good, I agree. I also liked Love in the Time of Global Warming.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think.